• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hawke quality...

I have one that came on a rifle I traded into, have not shot the rifle so not sure about how it holds zero, it seems pretty clear and feels like it was built with some quality. Most of my other rifles have leupold vxiii scopes and the hawke is not in that ball park by far

I have one that came on a rifle I traded into, have not shot the rifle so not sure about how it holds zero, it seems pretty clear and feels like it was built with some quality. Most of my other rifles have leupold vxiii scopes and the hawke is not in that ball park by far
I’m a leupold guy as well. But I have some plinkers I want to add optics to for fun and don’t want to dump a fortune.
Vortex seems to have proven themselves in the hunting field and their prices have gone up. I have a couple hunting buddies who love Vortex but I don’t have any of those yet either.

I have the Endurance 4-16x50 with the 5.56/.308 reticle. I have many different scopes including Vortex, Trijicon, Sightron, and Leupold. I consider it a “mid range” scope. Not the best glass, but definitely not the worst. Good solid build quality. My opinion is you get a good value for the price if that is your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I owned a Hawke for 2 days, mounted it and immediately hated the glass when the scope power was turned up to 14x the view was terrible. I’ve seen $100 scopes with better optics …sent it back for a refund.

About the only arena Hawke has a good reputation in is in air rifle optics. Otherwise its all made in China. The Vortex atleast has a proven CS dept that will replace your scope when it decides the communism holding it together is no longer strong enough.e
I owned a Hawke briefly... 2 thumbs down!
I currently own a Vortex it was their lowest price scope 4×12×40mm $129.00 it is a very good product. I've had Top of the line Leupold ( before they upgraded their glass some and tripled their prices) I owned a VX3-3.5x10x50mm, a VX2-6x18x40mm, VX3-6.5x20x50mm and a VX3-8.5 x 25 x 50mm I purchased new in 2015 for $900 all were very good. My favorite was Ziess Conquest 6.5x20x50mm. it was clearer than any scope I had owned purchased new in 2015 for $800. the TERRIBLE part is they were stolen mounted to my rifles.

Back
Top Bottom