• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hatfields & McCoys.

I watched all of it; but I thought it fell short of Costner's work in "Open Range". Normally, I tend to sort the major characters into "good guys" and "bad guys" when watching a show. I found it troubling that there were no good guys in this feud....they were all a-holes. Realistically though, I suspect someone with a name like "Devil Anse" probably was called that for good reason.

Left a lot in the wind,and the credits were short and not much help.What happens with the guy who shot Bad Frank?

I enjoyed the series, maybe it's not all there because it is history based and I think be fair to both sides they probably didn't want to embelish one side over the other to much.

I watched all of it; but I thought it fell short of Costner's work in "Open Range". Normally, I tend to sort the major characters into "good guys" and "bad guys" when watching a show. I found it troubling that there were no good guys in this feud....they were all a-holes. Realistically though, I suspect someone with a name like "Devil Anse" probably was called that for good reason.

I think he was called that in reality because he had a brother who was a preacher and judge called "Preacher Anse". I guess Maw and Paw Hatfield didn't have very much imagination when it came to names.

Back
Top Bottom