Harley Owners Assemble!!!!! Need advice

bsmith104

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
47   0
Reaction score
So I bought my first Harley (2014 fatboy lo) Saturday at killer creek and I am in love! My wife wanted a backrest for when she goes out with me and it ended up costing $660 with labor! That is ridiculous in my opinion but I'm asking, is it worth it? I'm wanting to add a windshield and Harley is saying another $600+ but I have found other brands that seem to be the same for less. I changed my own oil and fluids and other things on my Honda shadow but that was my first road bike and a beater at that. Do I bite the bullet and but Harley accessories and have them install it, buy their stuff and DIY or go third party and DIY. Mind you and accessories installed by Harley within 60 days are covered under their warranty.

Harley brand is fine unless you get special edition collections or some fancy stuff. All the add ons are easy until you get to the chrome forks, swingarm etc..... Floorboards/pegs, grips, brake/clutch levers, seats, windshields, all simple stuff

Adding a windsheild will not void your warranty,,,,,,,, if you keep on you could of got a road king
I'm not saying that. If they install the new accessories within 60 days, it will be covered under the original factory warranty as if I bought it with the bike new.

Back
Top Bottom