harley guys help

ok
from what i got is that
it's a chick bike
and pass ,pass,pass .wall art(i like that one)
thanks guys i think i may keep looking but in-case it comes up again whats high miles for a hd?

Last edited:
I'd like to ask a stupid question if I may.

Have you ever owned a Harley before? No right or wrong answer here, was just curious.

Why the hate on Sportsters? I've always thought that's a bunch of bull crap. A tuned up 1200 Sportster will spank most all big twins except for a hotrodded Dyna. An 883 is just a simple kit away from a 1200 or 1250 engine making 75+hp or more depending on the rest of the engine.

www.nrhsperformance.com_images_dr883heads.gif

I love Sportsters. They can actually be ridden hard like a motorcycle without dragging floorboards like the giant, slow baggers and such. I had a 1200 with a modified carb and an awesome 2-1 pipe and it was a screamer. I put taller shocks on the rear and mid foot controls on it and it was a blast to ride. None of that sitting back with your feet kicked up like a recliner business. It was the most fun bike to ride that I've ever had and wish I hadn't gotten rid of it.

[Broken External Image]:

Next time I'm ready for a bike I plan to get a late 90s 883 Sportster and build it into a similar bike. Tall suspension, 1200 engine, 2-1 performance pipe, mid foot controls, better brakes, etc.

The reason I ask is even though you can get a Sporty really cheap there is a lot of coin needed to keep a Harley in top shape.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a Sporty and I've tuned many of them along with other models all over the world. What I'm getting at is... if money is tight and you want a bike more for transportation than just fun you may want to look at some of the rice burner models. They are on very stable platforms, relatively inexpensive to buy and operate. Then... if you just want a Harley there are other models out there to consider as well.

Did someone say Geezer Glide? The privilege of getting old.

[Broken External Image]:

Not about speed, horsepower... all about comfort for me. Try a East to West coast ride on a Sportser. I'll keep my Geezer Glide.

A 1200 Sportster and a 103" Big Twin both have right around 66hp stock.

I agree on the comfort thing. If I won the lottery right now and wanted a bike to ride around the country on it would be a new Street Glide Special.

Back
Top Bottom