• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Harbor Freight Bench Grinders

deathbeforehonor

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
45   0
Reaction score
Bench Grinders
15_percent_off_1604030014.5874.png

So I've been looking for a bench grinder for a while, not too concerned about name brand, more so about HP and wheel size. I've been looking on craigslist, here, ebay, offer up.. I just didn't want to spend $150. So I finally decided I'd get a Harbor Freight one, only their 20% coupons are NOT valid on them.. Well I'm signed up to their text alerts and got notified about a 15% off ANYTHING. I looked at their website and happened to see almost all of the bench grinders are on Clearance.

Not sure if the 15% off would work, Walked out with a 8" 3/4 HP Bench Grinder for $40!
I know, Chinese junk.. well a 1yr protection plan is only $7.99 = $48 & change..
39798_I.jpg

If you go to HF's website, click clearance arrange by price high - low it seems like there are a few good deals that wouldn't typically apply to the 20%. Such as the Vulcan Mig Welder $501 otd.

I have a HFT bench grinder, been going strong for a bit over 20 years now. Also have an older craftsman from the 60's that's a bit under powered but is still chugging along 50+ years along.

Replaced the wheels with Craftsman wheels about 10 years ago, done everything I have asked of it. One of the original ones cracked and fell apart a year into it. Run a grinding wheel one one end and a brush on the other.

I've had this one for 5-6 years. I made the wheel on the right out of mdf and coated it in jewelers rouge. Its for touching up a knife edge. The wheel on the left is 3 pcs of leather glued together with jewelers rouge. Its for honing. I turned it around so it turns counter clockwise.
20201018_153527.jpg

Back
Top Bottom