• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hail Damage - can my son keep the car?

BH-ATL

Wolf Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
5   0
Reaction score
In the process of moving from Austin to Atlanta this week my son's CRV was battered by tennis ball size hail. While it took out his windshield and dented both his roof and hood it was drivable to Atlanta after replacing the windshield. The insurance company is looking to total the car but he would prefer to take the money and continue to drive it. I would prefer they not "total" the car as it appears it might need a new rebuilt title. Any things he needs to do to make this easy.

A lot of insurance companies won't insure a salvage title. Might be better off just paying for the windshield out of pocket and do your best with the dents and dropping the claim.

I had a truck once that was caught in a hail storm, golf ball size dents all over, I just kept driving it and the following August when temps were 95-98 degree range , all but two of them popped back out and you tube has a lot of diy videos...will take some time but can be done

2014 CRV with about 125k miles. Everything works and he is not a car guy nor needs a car daily so the dents don't bother him. Trade value per kbb/ Edmonds is about $9000. Some states don't do a salvage title for hail damage. Georgia may but can get it converted to a rebuilt title

2014 CRV with about 125k miles. Everything works and he is not a car guy nor needs a car daily so the dents don't bother him. Trade value per kbb/ Edmonds is about $9000. Some states don't do a salvage title for hail damage. Georgia may but can get it converted to a rebuilt title
Trade value without hail damage? Keep it, drive it ‘til something major goes out, then scrap it.

Back
Top Bottom