• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Had night sights installed on my XDm, is this normal / acceptable?

itsme_timd

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
0   0
Reaction score
I had some TruGlo TFO sights put on my XDm 9MM, when I got it home from the range I noticed the gap. I did shoot it and it seemed fairly accurate, was hitting high left most of the time but to be honest I think that's more me than the gun. I'm somewhat concerned with the gap making the sites susceptible to breaking and also that it will be a haven for gunk build up.

Just curious if this is normal for there to be a gap like this?

Night Sight Gap.jpg

UPDATE

So I sent an email to TruGlo with pics attached and got this response:

I ran these photos past all of our engineers (separately) and they all agree, these are standard and correct fitment.

The gap appears large in this photos because of
a) the slight angle
b) the beveled edge that stops just a little ahead of the dovetail, this gives an illusion of an even larger gap

This is a normal looking installation per our engineering team. If for some reason they do not shoot well, we would like to know about it.

I will say the gap looks larger in the pics, but it is still a pretty decent gap. Guess I'll try them out and see how they do for now, if I have any issues at least TruGlo knows about the issue from the get go.

Last edited:
Never seen anything like that before- but I'm not an XD guy. I doubt if the sight would ever break (unless something got caught under it and pulled on the sight hard enough to bend it... like a hard fast draw from a IWB with something under the sight).

I've fitted quite a few 1911 sight sets and would have started over if I'd seen a gap that big anywhere.

Thanks guys, it's like this on the front and rear sights. I'm sure there is someone else on here with TFO sights on an XDm so hopefully they can let me know.

i'd say it's not normal, should be flush against the top of slide. That looks like a pretty big gap!

What are those sights made of. Metal, polymer , plastic?

You think he torqued the sight down to much causing the sight to rise up like that?

Back
Top Bottom