Gwinnett county conceled weapon permit renewal

kwelhand

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
197   0
Reaction score
Well, next month my Gwinnett county issued GA concealed weapon permit will be expired.
I'm trying to renew my permit but someone told me that now I've to take a new finger print set, state and federal background check even for a renewal.
Is this true? also, it might take upto 2 months even for a renewal???
Does anyone renewed their CCW from Gwinnett county recently? could you share your story?
Thanks in advance.:)

I had to go through all the bs again in dekalb about 4 months ago. my first permit was issued in Athens. So much easier there. My best friend and his wife got theirs in cobb county a few months ago. theirs has their pics on them. My first one was just a laminated paper. this newer one is a hard card, but doesn't have a pic. i feel robbed.

I would say yes. Also, it went from 25 bucks to 75. bring cash. in dekalb, they are so busy with applicants that you have to first go to the court house to fill out paper work. After that you have to make an appointment with the police department (two weeks later.. if you are lucky) for finger prints. sucks. I should have used my parents address in cobb county.

Back
Top Bottom