• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

guns.com, is this site legit???

They're legit, but you should give the FFL that's going to handle the transfer a chance to order the gun you're looking for first.

Guns.com is just a host for FFL's all over the country to list inventory, and most of each individuals inventory displayed on there isn't inventory they actually carry, but just what they have access too through multiple wholesalers.

I've done a lot of transfers from them for customers that I could have gotten the gun cheaper from the exact same vendor.

For an example, my customer might order a gun on there from a dealer Texas for $500, but that gun doesn't come from the dealer in Texas, it drop ships from a wholesaler like Zanders, which I could have just ordered it for them myself and it would have came from the same wholesaler for less.

The dealer in Texas gets a cut for no reason other than the customer chose them over their transferring FFL which is weird.

An exception would be if the dealer on guns.com had something unique that can't just be ordered from a wholesaler.

I don't drop ship anything. I don't have an option for that. If there is one I have not found it. I transfer guns almost every day and have transferred guns that the customer paid more for than what I had on the shelf. Just the other day a customer had a gun shipped from PSA and was pissed when he could have got it used from me for a couple hundred less. Dealers are really overstocked right now as the economy is not good. I have more guns in stock now than I have ever had. I will sell most of them at cost just to move some.

I don't drop ship anything. I don't have an option for that. If there is one I have not found it. I transfer guns almost every day and have transferred guns that the customer paid more for than what I had on the shelf. Just the other day a customer had a gun shipped from PSA and was pissed when he could have got it used from me for a couple hundred less. Dealers are really overstocked right now as the economy is not good. I have more guns in stock now than I have ever had. I will sell most of them at cost just to move some.

Oh they definitely have a drop ship option. Unless they've changed that the past year.
Every transfer I've gotten from them came from a wholesaler like Zanders or lipseys. On the invoice I can see the dealer they ordered from and what they paid, but the shipping FFL was Zanders/lipseys/Chattanooga.

I'm sure there's more dealers like you that list actual inventory and ship from their actual store, just my experience with it just seems like it's mostly just a host site for drop shipping.

Which is a perfectly fine way of doing business. I just think people need to be mindful they might be costing both themselves and their local FFL a few bucks by taking the long way around ordering something basic like a Glock or Henry rifle or Remington 700. Those kinds of guns every dealer can order overnight.

I bought a barely used Ruger GP100 from Guns.com for a dang good price when I couldn't find that particular model anywhere else. Shipping was pretty quick and zero issues.

Back
Top Bottom