• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunbroker a little over top?

Just seems wrong after years and years of “don’t give online things copies of important info” type of thing.
But you were going to pay for the gun with a credit card? And then you were going to show your ID and fill out the 4473 at the receiving FFL...

I get it, but even with their strict identification policies we sellers still get flakes all the time. I ain't mad at them for making sure people are who they say they are and can ban them from just creating and endless number of accounts like other places.

There's always Armslist, they won't ask you any personal info and you can buy a hot lorcin 380 for a fraction of the price of that S&W

No, a buyer. I was just trying to create an account because they are the only one that has the smith and Wesson 1911 performance center.
Check Exile Armory in Alabama they had 1911 Performance Center pistols in stock recently at good pricing. They have daily Youtube videos of used and new stock. They ship and do layaway, pricing seems good on most firearms.

But you were going to pay for the gun with a credit card? And then you were going to show your ID and fill out the 4473 at the receiving FFL...

I get it, but even with their strict identification policies we sellers still get flakes all the time. I ain't mad at them for making sure people are who they say they are and can ban them from just creating and endless number of accounts like other places.

There's always Armslist, they won't ask you any personal info and you can buy a hot lorcin 380 for a fraction of the price of that S&W
I was just making sure it was normal. If it’s all legitimate then I don’t mind as much it just seemed odd.

Check Exile Armory in Alabama they had 1911 Performance Center pistols in stock recently at good pricing. They have daily Youtube videos of used and new stock. They ship and do layaway, pricing seems good on most firearms.
I’ll call them tomorrow when they open. If they have one there I’d much rather drive the hour and 20 minutes and not have to go through all the online stuff.

Looking for this beauty in particular.
1641155426002.jpeg

My only concern with that gun is that I may bump fire it. I’m so used to Glocks and other same style pistols that when I went and shot my uncles 1911’s, I think a Taurus and a RIA, I bump fired I think both of them multiple times just trying to pull the trigger slow like I do with Glocks for an accurate shot. It went “full auto” for about 3 rds lol.

Going through the 133,975 step process of creating an account on gunbroker and the step that stopped me is where it says ID verification and wants either a passport or divers license. Is this normal? Seems a bit much for a big website.
It’s like a BOS…
it protects you.

Back
Top Bottom