• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun trust lawyers

mhenson07

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
111   0
Reaction score
I am about to venture into the purchase of an sbr and a suppressor, however I would like to do it under a trust, to bypass the CLEO signature and to allow for certain people in my family to be able to handle or store them.

Is there a certain lawyer y'all can recommend for me? NEWBIE TO NFA STUFF

Cant bypass CLEO it but it makes it where he has to sign off on it by doing a trust check out Guntrustlawyer.com
Wrong.
With a trust you dont do finger prints or CLEO. The old guy was Doug King but he left for Alaska I think. I believe a guy named Fred took over his practice.

Cant bypass CLEO it but it makes it where he has to sign off on it by doing a trust check out Guntrustlawyer.com

Uhh, no.

CLEO is not involved in any way shape or form if you create a Revocable Living Trust for NFA purchases. That's one of the reasons people chose to go that route. No need to use a lawyer, pay $10 for Quicken Willmaker and do it yourself.

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2009/10/why-do-i-need-an-nfa-firearms.html

"No CLEO Signature Required
The ATF requires that all individuals obtain approval from their Chief Law Enforcement Officer (the "CLEO") as part of the application process to obtain a Title II firearm from another individual or Class 3 dealer. Many CLEOs around the country are refusing sign or even acknowledge the ATF Forms. There is no legal remedy in most states to force the review of these forms. If using an NFA Firearms Trust to purchase a weapon, the Form 4 does not require the CLEO's signature.
No Fingerprints or Photographs are Required
When using an NFA Firearms Trust to acquire Title II firearms, no fingerprints or photographs are required. This is a cost savings and can also significantly decrease the time required to take possession of the items. Often fingerprints have to be retaken because they are not acceptable for the FBI's criminal database."

Back
Top Bottom