Gun Show on Jonesboro Rd. Dec 3-4

The show was ok and better than Eastman for some things like guns. This is the reason you couldn't see the tables at Cherokee.

i39.tinypic.com_2qnmy6q.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_2ajvo0x.jpg

I could have bought a new S&W .38 SPL ($329) or Kahr and sold it used on ODT and then make a profit!

I'll have to go to Eastman's show at Indian Trail to get some grips from the grip dude as he didn't do this show. I saw Jon and crew. A lot of stuff was retail price but there were and still are some bargins to be had.

On another note, Forest Park Army Navy store (as well as the Stockbridge store) are have a promo sale on Springfield XD's for $399.00! Forest Park Army Navy is South of the gun show about 15 minutes or less. They have 50 cal and saw cans too.

Military ID card gets you 2 bucks off admission BTW.

Thanks to the ODT guys that stopped by the 2A Gear table and said "Hi". It was nice to put a face to your screen name.

The show was smaller than the last couple that I've helped out at. I'm always looking for deals on AK stuff, but it was really limited at the show. Forsyth Pawn had a couple of MAK 90s for a good price, and one other vendor had a Romanian SAR-1 in good shape for $575. Everything else I saw was Century built Polish or WASRs.

But I always enjoy people watching, and this show didn't disappoint. There are some unique folks that attend a gun show.

Although Jones Tactical wasn't at the show, Rick stopped by to hang out for a few minutes and delivered my two belts. I'll try to get some pictures up later in the Gear Review section. One of them is going to be my tool belt for work, so we'll so how tough it is. A sheet metal shop destroys clothes pretty quickly.

This show seems to be getting smaller each time I go- both from my observation and talking to some of the sellers. If it were not for Cherokee, Forsyth and Main Street guns, It would be like an Eastman show. The reloading selection was a little better at this one.

I went to the show, and overall it was a disappointment. Too much "junk". While I did not meet any of the ODT'ers who mentioned they were there, I did get to spend some time with hamhock. He was strapped from head to toe! lol. However, I did manage to find this little nugget, stuffed in the corner of a display box and not being noticed. A M19-3, snubbie, with box, tools, paperwork and...wait for it....it is BLUED, not nickel. I know that is a shock to some of you, but it is just a beautiful Smith. Shipped in 1975 or 1976. Here is a crappy pic from this morning.
[Broken External Image]:

That is a beautiful 19 JWC! Nice snag! Didn't make the show, but I have noticed that quite a few of the shows in and around metro have been getting weaker in the last 9 months or so. Economy? Something is going on, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom