• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun serial check at Lawrenceville Police Dept.

Pawn shops have to send the info in when they get trades etc, wonder if one can just hand it to them there and ask if they would add to the list to check???? ....any pawn shop guys wish to comment on that??

Never had any encounter with them and am very glad I'm in an UNINCORPORATED area (for some inexplicable reason. So, sssshhhh...)
But yeah, it does kill some people to be pleasant.

same here, unincorporated is fancy language for " you live in the middle of nowhere and its a pian to drive out here"

Not all cops are pro 2a and or pro constitution, some aren't. If started getting squirrely about buying and trading with no FFL involved I will probably go through one and not trade or sell privately. If you are a law abiding citizen protect yourself don't leave it up LEO's to validate your honesty by showing how good of a guy you are and using them as a FFl they may not always feel the same way about you, use a FFL or go to a cop you know and have him or her run it. My gun smith is LEO and plenty of great cops shoot at my range.

Never dealt with the LPD. They probably have a lot on their plate.

A lot of donuts!! j/k

A Gwinnett police officer was friendly the one time I've been stopped:

Used to commute from Henry county up to 316 each day for work. One particular morning I was in a hurry, so decided to jump into the (then) HOV lane on I85 to bypass all the traffic on right by getting onto 316 via HOV ramp. I saw the police car up to the far right, but didn't figure he'd take notice of my car well on the other side. No traffic on the left exit. Hit about 110 on the overpass, put some distance between us, and slowed down before he came into view.
Long story short, he did notice me when I was a ways behind him and across many lanes of traffic. First thing he said, "Man, you had to be hauling ass..." Then he asked if I had a gun in the car, to which I replied "I think so, try to keep one on hand".. he had mistaken a visible box of matches in the car for ammo. Never checked or asked me to step out, no tickets, and just a verbal warning to stay out of the HOV when driving alone.

Huge props for that guy for his awareness of surroundings and details!

Now I wonder if maybe he just didn't want to go through the trouble of running a firearm serial. :pop2:

I'd rather have the stolen guns on the street than people running 110 mph on public roads. That's crazy.

I imagine police officers have to deal with so many drugged and drunk people all day that want to fight or argue and people giving them attitude, they are probably a little frustrated and defensive to anyone that approaches them. The officers you spoke to may have just come from a bad situation. I know I personally take a while to calm down and re-program myself to not snap at people after I have become agitated. I am not in law enforcement but I am sure everyday is not all roses and happy days!

I too like to thank each one I meet for their service just like I do with firefighters and military. Don't let a couple of officers that didn't feel like a conversation with a stranger cause you to think they are all bad. I'm sure your Dad was a wonderful officer and a fantastic person so remember his service and keep thanking each one you see. They all have a tough job.

Back
Top Bottom