• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun collection appraisal

Foxtrot Sierra

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
204   0
Reaction score
ISO anyone who’d be willing to perform a gun collection appraisal for potential division of assets. I’ve read through threads recommending taking the collection somewhere, but that’s an option that I wish to avoid and may not even be able to do. If anyone has any other ideas, can do it via pictures, or is willing to come to my home, then please PM me. Thanks.

You've been on this gun trading site for seven years and have completed 200 transactions yourself. Could you do your own appraisals if you had more time?

Or do you need somebody with credentials as an expert --somebody who owns a gun store or pawn shop that has an FFL and has years of experience in the business?

Or do you just need somebody who knows about guns and can do the research and look up the values and give an accurate estimate, with this person being neutral and having no incentive to favor one gun over the other for this upcoming division of property?

All good
You've been on this gun trading site for seven years and have completed 200 transactions yourself. Could you do your own appraisals if you had more time?

Or do you need somebody with credentials as an expert --somebody who owns a gun store or pawn shop that has an FFL and has years of experience in the business?

Or do you just need somebody who knows about guns and can do the research and look up the values and give an accurate estimate, with this person being neutral and having no incentive to favor one gun over the other for this upcoming division of property?

All good questions. I’ve done the appraisals myself - both sale value and estimated replacement value - however, I am unsure as to whether my own values will ultimately be accepted in the division of assets. As far as someone with credentials, this would probably be the most accepted or desired situation by the other party, but perhaps an impartial person would be acceptable as well. Judging by how other potential assets are being valued, I would guess that someone with credentials would be preferred.

If going through a divorce, it is in your best interest to get a professional, written apprised value for each firearm.

You could, potentially use recent Gunbroker sales for similar firearms and write up a value based off that, which may work, depending on the other sides willing to fight it out or just spilt.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

Back
Top Bottom