Gun choice I need help.....

cavscout3326

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
So I next tuesday im going get me a new firearm or rifle.... Im either leanimg towards getting kimber 1911,sig 226 or 220 combat or sig 1911, hk usp in 9, s&w m&p range kit in 9mm or the tactical verison and add ct.or maybe an xdm or the 5.25. Or fnh
tact 45

Rifles looking at a few ars I like the custom build they have at lakesidd guns...fnh ps 90, fnh 308 ,springer m1a all help appreciated
(

In handguns it looks like you're looking a something for self defense. Any particular reason to overlook the Glock? Accurate, to he77 and back tough,simple, reliable and come in various sizes and calibers to fill most any need
In rifles kinda scattered between cqb and long range. Any reason to overlook an intermediate range weapon like an AK? To he77 and back tough, .30 cal bullets for stopping power with good capacity and plenty of accessories. For the price of the weapons you're talking about a really nice arsenal + accessories can be had.

I don't know what's already in the collection or what the intended purpose is but just some things to think about

Last edited:
Already had a glock just trying to expand my horizions..if its a pistol will ne my edc im a big guy so im looking at full size... Rifles ive had to ars and ive had an ak looking try some mew stuff..

Shoot as many as you can and make an informed decision nothing worse than buying a new gun and getting buyers remorse. Especially with those rifles some of those are pretty expensive and will take a long time to get rid of if you dont like them.

If you're looking at 308, have you considered an AR10, or perhaps a Remington 700 or Savage 10? I'd stay away from the PS90 due to cost..not to mention cost of proprietary ammo.

As far as pistol..you don't seem like you've quite decided on 9 vs. 45. So, for the sake of argument, let's assume 45. Kimbers and P220s are both terrific choices.. so is a Glock 21..considerably cheaper as well.

Back
Top Bottom