Group Purchase Opportunity for a Community in Panama – Interest Check

Interesting idea, I'll be following how it develops.

Do you have any estimates as to how many participants you're seeking and any idea of ballpark costs?
Of course this will depend on the property - I have identified a 32 acre property with about 350 meters of ocean front that I am basing my estimate on currently. To purchase the property - about 42 families at $75,000 each - this would secure a quarter acre lot for a single family home - but upgraded lots (i.e. Ocean Front or Ocean View) would cost more - and would be worked out later. Once the property is purchased, we can sell smaller lots (townhouse) and lots further from the ocean to gain capital for improvements.

Don't blame you a bit.
No place is perfect - and I am an American Patriot - but... I also want to keep an eye out for back-ups. I have researched all over the world, and Panama won in my eyes for a few reasons -currenty is based on the US Dollar, allows residents to own guns, fairly stable government, reasonable living expenses, great medical services (and prices), large ex-pat community, American friendly, "close" (it is a 4 hour flight from Atlanta), ability to drive there (though I would not want to unless absolutely necessary), ease of obtaining a permanent resident VISA, and I can afford a place on the ocean (no way I can afford that in the US). I would LOVE to set up a (mostly) self-sustaining community of like-minded people - unfortunately, I am not a multi-millionaire.

Hmm, sounds like a managed community (ie. HOA). For that reason, I'm out! 😆
Actually, it has its merits. I've never even thought of residing there. I'd have to look MUCH deeper into it. On the surface, it does look like a possibility though.

Hmm, sounds like a managed community (ie. HOA). For that reason, I'm out! 😆
Actually, it has its merits. I've never even thought of residing there. I'd have to look MUCH deeper into it. On the surface, it does look like a possibility though.
I know - I hate HOAs. As a (mostly) self-sustaining community, we would need to have some community projects, though - such as wells, water towers, solar "grid," roads, small farms, etc. - but no one would tell you how to cut your grass. Even if this project does not happen - we plan on purchasing a place for ourselves (on the Ocean) - we went for 2 weeks in February and are going again for 4 weeks in November / December. The first two weeks we went all over the country - and in that time were able to find the area where we want to be for our retirement. Everyone is different - some people want to be in the city, some in the mountains, some on the Caribbean, some on the Pacific - etc - there are so many micro-climates it is crazy and so beautiful. It is a developing country, but we had no problems at all while there. I joke that Canada must be empty there are so many Canadians there - lol.

Back
Top Bottom