• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Griffin Armament QD 22lr can?

seems kinda pointless to me. I guess if you are swapping around a bunch of hosts it would be nice. I just use thread protectors or A1 flash hiders on all my 22s. Just screw and unscrew.

Wonder why Griffen hasn't posted in this thread? he posted some other stuff.

I heard one of them has too many bumper stickers on his car and votes for those gun loving republicans who get money from those NRA and Special Operations super pacs- Minority voting bastard.

I didn't see the thread until now. I don't know which company quiet riot represents. I was in Iraq deployed when we sent our Checkmate for NFA talk testing, and my wife sent it with an extra baffle that actually hurt performance and disabled the QD mechanism by taking up all the spring space. The suppressors work very well and every major dealer we've sent them too says they sound the same as all the major popular cans. (Element/Sparrow II etc). When we sound tested them they performed very differently from NFA talk's test. They were like 122 on a ruger MKII, we were 113 on the Ruger MKII. I've shot the Outback II and AAC Pilot and by far our can was the most quiet I've fired.

The QD mechanism is nice to have. If you have several weapons, swapping it back and forth is easy, and after you've fired 100 or so rounds through a host, they don't break loose like thread mounts often do every 10 rounds or so.

The number one reason other manufacturers don't do QD cans is probably cost. The parts add cost. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense that QD is something everyone should have for rifles, but not for rimfire rifles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom