• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grid Down

What are the 3 most important items during extended grid down event?

• Guns and Ammo

• Supply of Food

• Supply of Water

• Medical Supplies

• Solar Generator

• Gas/Fuel

• A Plan

• Friends

• Bug-out Location

• Gold

Results are only viewable after voting.
not gonna do the defensive arsenal thing. we all have guns that could be used for defense of family and home. so thats a given. its not like it will happen and all of a sudden we are starting from scratch with nothing.
but for survival
a water filter and my 17 hmr and my crossman 760 pumpmaster. i can get food,squirrel,rabbit,heck all birds are edible. small game will be key to survival. if we have no power,meat will go off quick.
but 1 squirrel or 3 small birds per family member will keep ya going for a day.
the 17 will take small game and can even be used to keep unwanted homo sapiens away.
a good pellet rifle will take birds and some small game as well.the air rifle is also real quiet.
i think the same for 2 months to a year or more..

Some good information, thanks.

The biggest problem in general is that if you don't have a garden already growing and food canned for the winter you are screwed if the SHTF tomorrow. You can eat what ever you can shoot but that would be about it. I would say that about 50% of Americans would die in 6 months. Especially in the big cities where there are no resources. What I don't know is where you draw the line for how much to store up for such event.

The first three items are essential but without a plan they're about useless. Friends are good to have as well to build some type of community to do it with. Doing it alone would be almost impossible

The biggest problem in general is that if you don't have a garden already growing and food canned for the winter you are screwed if the SHTF tomorrow. You can eat what ever you can shoot but that would be about it. I would say that about 50% of Americans would die in 6 months. Especially in the big cities where there are no resources. What I don't know is where you draw the line for how much to store up for such event.

The first three items are essential but without a plan they're about useless. Friends are good to have as well to build some type of community to do it with. Doing it alone would be almost impossible
i think a huge over look has always been a bb gun and small birds. most guys go for the "taking game and searching houses" but truth is. you can carry thousands of rounds of bbs,they dont really go bad,and you can get within 10 feet of about any small bird. not a lot of food,but plenty of them can be had real easy. if it comes down to survival, you can count on them. 10 sparrow breasts on a stick over a fire is good eating.
the little sawyer water filters can be had real cheap https://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Products-SP128-Filtration-System/dp/B00FA2RLX2/ref=asc_df_B00FA2RLX2/?tag=hyprod-
&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167131408724&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17700822963036086836&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010888&hvtargid=pla-308859112483&psc=1

no need for anyone not to have one in every family members go bag. they filter 100k gallons of water.more then you will ever need. simple little things can be a huge benefit.

This is exactly why I have about 6 months worth of food for seven people on hand. I also have a water source and filtration system. Over 100lbs of salt to help with meat preservation and canning supplies.

Though I don't have a garden planted, I have all the tools needed and a variety of heritage seeds for planting. I also know the location of natural food sources, other than game, in my area.

I have weapons and plenty of ammo to arm every member of the group. Both carbine and handgun for each person. And a tactical plan to maintain security and defense of our location. I also have long range weapons if the need ever arose.

I have several 22lr rifles for hunting and two suppressed center fire rifles. I also have several more traditional hunting firearms.

I don't have anything close to what I think would be needed to get through a long term grid failure comfortably, but we could survive.

This is exactly why I have about 6 months worth of food for seven people on hand. I also have a water source and filtration system. Over 100lbs of salt to help with meat preservation and canning supplies.

Though I don't have a garden planted, I have all the tools needed and a variety of heritage seeds for planting. I also know the location of natural food sources, other than game, in my area.

I have weapons and plenty of ammo to arm every member of the group. Both carbine and handgun for each person. And a tactical plan to maintain security and defense of our location. I also have long range weapons if the need ever arose.

I have several 22lr rifles for hunting and two suppressed center fire rifles. I also have several more traditional hunting firearms.

I don't have anything close to what I think would be needed to get through a long term grid failure comfortably, but we could survive.

You are much more prepared than me. I have guns and ammo. Plenty of meat and water around but it would need to be boiled first.

Back
Top Bottom