• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grendel P30

safellows1967

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
6   0
Reaction score
I am not sure if a review has ever been done on this particular handgun or not, but here is my take on it. I will not bore you with the history lesson about the P30 other than to say that it is made by the same guy who brought us the PMR30. You can view the basics at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grendel_P30 and do further searching to find out more if you wish.

I acquired this specimen a couple of years ago and was fortunate to find such a good specimen. I received the original box, owner's manual (not pictured), the pistol and 2 thirty round magazines. I was pretty impressed with the dimensions of the actual pistol and it is a little bigger than the PMR30 in the area forward of the trigger guard. I picked the P30 because the prices for the PMR30 where much higher at the time and the P30 did not seem to have any issues blowing up in one's hand.

I also have an AMT Automag II which is also a blast to shoot. The P30, unlike the AMT, seemed to like any ammo you chose to fill up the mag with. I also like the 30 round capacity as compared to the 10 round capacity of the AMT. I was able to successfully empty the mags in the P30 in rapid or slow fire without a single issue. I took the gun to a shoot that my SIL set up and let other people shoot it who had never seen nor heard about the pistol. Everyone was quite surprised by the muzzle blast but the pistol was not difficult to control even for the female shooters who enjoyed shooting it.

The take-down is easy to accomplish and the pistol is easy to clean. There are no tiny parts to lose or escape. I think it is a great shooter and more designated as a range gun, truck gun or nightstand weapon.

IMAG0677.jpg
IMAG0675.jpg
IMAG0676.jpg

Back
Top Bottom