• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Greenfield/Marlin Model 60

Crumley25

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
384   0
Reaction score
i43.tinypic.com_k476z9.jpg

I have an older model (serial number below 26,000,000) Glenfield Model 60. Gun is missing several parts. I am having a hard time figuring out what all is missing. I know the recoil spring and recoil spring guide are missing and as far as I can tell the hammer strut, hammer strut bridge, and hammer spring are missing. Maybe the cartridge lifter and cartridge lifter roller. Is there anyone that can tell from the picture what all might be missing or does anyone have one they wouldn't mind taking apart so I can see what all is missing? The schematics on Numeric really are no help at all. Or if anyone wants to tackle this job just let me know.

I know the gun is probably not worth the amount of money I will have to put in it but my Grandfather gave me this gun so I would like to get it back operational.

Thanks in advance.

Go to Gunpartscorp.com - They have schematics that you can look at and figure out what you are missing, plus they have the parts to get it up and running.:)

The charging handle acted as the bolt stop and release on the older model 60's. If the trigger housing has a slot on the bottom right side it would have the release lever mounted in it. From the photo yours does not have the release lever.

The charging handle acted as the bolt stop and release on the older model 60's. If the trigger housing has a slot on the bottom right side it would have the release lever mounted in it. From the photo yours does not have the release lever.

Nice, Thanks.

So it looks like all I will need is the:

2 - Buffer Pin Rings
Cartridge Lifter Roller
Cartridge Lifter
Disconnector Spring
Ejector Lifter Spring
Hammer
Hammer Spring
Hammer Strut
Hammer Strut Bridge
Hammer Strut Pin