• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Grammar Nazis

yeah get your plurality possessions ****in straight if you are going to post on ODT. No one will know(noe) WTF u mean

Well I'm not an English teacher and can not claim perfect grammar. I tend to type it like I would say it. But it's not nearly as bad here as what I see on Craigslist. One of the really aggravating things on there is ads that start with " For sell" or Must Sale".
But the guys that " Must Sale their Cameros" really gets me. I posted an ad once with the title "There is no E in Camaro." Then I stated that they had the car right out in the yard by the pit bull and above ground pool. All you have to do is stand up from the table and look out over the window unit. It's right there on the back of the car. C A M A R O. No E in it at all. Before my ad got flagged I got several offers for free ass whippings from Twiggs and Crawford Co Camero owners.

Well I'm not an English teacher and can not claim perfect grammar. I tend to type it like I would say it. But it's not nearly as bad here as what I see on Craigslist. One of the really aggravating things on there is ads that start with " For sell" or Must Sale".
But the guys that " Must Sale their Cameros" really gets me. I posted an ad once with the title "There is no E in Camaro." Then I stated that they had the car right out in the yard by the pit bull and above ground pool. All you have to do is stand up from the table and look out over the window unit. It's right there on the back of the car. C A M A R O. No E in it at all. Before my ad got flagged I got several offers for free ass whippings from Twiggs and Crawford Co Camero owners.

I saw a sign at a gas station the other day that said "We Sale Gas"...and it wasn't a hand made sign...someone actually made that thing, like, commercially or whatever...

I saw a sign at a gas station the other day that said "We Sale Gas"...and it wasn't a hand made sign...someone actually made that thing, like, commercially or whatever...
Well, "Y'all git ready 'cause Common Core education aint gonna make it no better."
But seriously, I don't think perfect grammar is always necessary. But when grammar and spelling are a direct part of your business it seems like you could take it serious. I saw a banner over in Bonaire last month that said " Car Aution" with a date on it and the name of the title pawn. But they went ahead and hung it up anyway. So they paid for it and used it even though it was wrong. They rewarded stupidity and laziness. And in the process they made their business look ignorant. There is no way I would have paid for that. That's as bad as the trashy fools you see on the news with a winning ten million dollar lottery ticket. They always say something like " I was down to my last $2.00..." And then they got the ultimate reward for being stupid and financially irresponsible. Paying sign makers for bad work is just as bad. And what if he had been a tattoo man?

Back
Top Bottom