Got this email from Brownells

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
Dear Folks,
We want to thank everyone for your patience with us. Thanks especially to those of you who told us orders were being delivered "out of cycle." We’ve been in business an awfully long time and are proud of our reputation for great service, so we had to find out what was going on.

And we found the problem. Simple really. About 15 years ago we put in place system logic prioritizing a few back orders ahead of others. It was a rare situation, but necessary at the time and under normal market conditions back then, those reasons made sense.

Then the world changed, and back orders ballooned into the thousands – literally – and our system and the vendor’s ability to keep up just broke that logic. About 300 orders were moved to the head of the line under the old system logic, and had their orders shipped ahead of where they should have been in line. It moved all the rest of you back about 300 places in line – which, rightfully so, caused an uproar.

When we found the problem, we immediately disabled this logic, truly resuming our first in first out policy. The real problem is that demand is far greater than any factory’s ability to quickly catch up.

The good news is we have cured the broken system logic; thanks for telling us. We are shipping in order received, and handling your orders the way we have always tried to – honestly, fairly, and with everything right on top of the table.
Best,

Frank & Pete Brownell

I agree. Although, I was a little upset because I thought it was a confirmation email about my backorder being shipped :(

Same here. I understand they are like hey we messed up but now we are good to go but OK now what? We still don't have an ETA, I'm sure the orders are compounded because Brownells was allowing backorders for a while. So wheres the reparations?

I like Brownells too, and good on them for admitting and explaining their mistake, but

their online order system still sucks, its cryptic, and they ship slow, at least compared to some other big names.

Things get tricky when ordering from them after business hours and weekends. I was told that nobody is there to manage the inventory so, you may purchase something that states "in stock" but really isn't. Learned that recently. Not to mention that as stated above, if your orders aren't taken in the priority as received; it may not matter how quickly you put your order in. Again, learned this the hard way recently.

Back
Top Bottom