• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good places to look for a new career

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
I've been building race car engines for the past 10 years and I'm ready for a change of scenery. Besides Indeed and ZipRecruiter, where are some good places to look? I am wide open on what to do next. I'm not opposed to starting my own thing but I don't really have anything in mind to do! You got to love changing careers at 34 with a baby on the way.

Get a job in a machine shop doing production work and then go to school at night to get your certificate. Sounds like you already have the aptitude and once you get into custom machining everyday is new and different.

Figure out what you would enjoy doing and know something about -- maybe related to a hobby you're passionate about. Then go look for companies that either do that thing, or make that thing. Target those companies specifically, and highlight the skills you have that would transfer or translate into a new job there. Much better than blasting resumes out all over the place on LinkedIn or Indeed.

Pro tip, if they ask if ur activley searching or ok nlook y apply at this job answer is B. You are not and nok t applied anywhere else. And you love ur current job.

Back
Top Bottom