Good or bad experiences with an H3, FJ cruiser or a range rover?

Toyota all the way of the three you mentioned but I personally wouldn't own that absurd mockery of an iconic classic.
Toyota could have done so much better imo.

Toyota all the way of the three you mentioned but I personally wouldn't own that absurd mockery of an iconic classic.
Toyota could have done so much better imo.
Hence why they discontinued them.
My vote I'd for a Defender 90.
One day when I get that lottery monies...

Thanks guys this is good info. The Rovers she is looking at are 2009's or newer and I just don't feel like theres enough info about the new engine/tranny combo to be sure but it sounds like they have electronics problems anyway.

I have never had confidence in jeeps reliability, to many people I know have too many horror stories.

I guess she will be looking harder at the FJ

I own a 2010 FJ with 45,000 mile. 19 MPG in the city/23.5 MPG on the highway and that's when fully loaded with 2 kids the wife and vacation stuff. FJ during the two recent snow storms was bad-ass. I pushed a car up Cooper Lake Road no problem (pretty steep). FJ is a tank and overbuilt. Not a lot of acceleration speed past 70 MPH but who cares. Yes it has back-up blind spots but 2010 and later have a back-up camera. I've taken it off-road in mud and hills and swamps. It goes just as good as a Jeep if you have the correct tires.

FJ hands down.

Note: I've owned a Willys CJ2A, CJ-5 V-8 and two different YJ's. I count on the FJ more than any of my jeeps.

Thanks guys this is good info. The Rovers she is looking at are 2009's or newer and I just don't feel like theres enough info about the new engine/tranny combo to be sure but it sounds like they have electronics problems anyway.

I have never had confidence in jeeps reliability, to many people I know have too many horror stories.

I guess she will be looking harder at the FJ

try to find someone who will work on them!!! but the dealer @ Northpoint..... parts are crazy big money, they break , and are big $$$$$ to fix. stick with a different type of Toyota than a FJ. Hummers are just stupid, gas mileage, i guess it doesn't matter with your choices

I'd suggest a 4runner for your wife. Not nearly as many blind spots, is roomier on the inside, and also comes with an optional v8 that gets similar mpg to the v6.

Back
Top Bottom