Good mechanic in the Paulding area?

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Could use some advice on this. I need an intermittent misfire diagnosed on a car I just got. Code is for a specific cylinder. I'd like to have it properly diagnosed, so I don't just start throwing parts at it. Thanks!

If you end up taking it to a garage I recommend Donnie`s Garage, highway 92 and Hiram Sudie in Hiram. Family-owned. Christian father and son run it. I used to fix all my stuff, but now I let them do what I don`t want to do.

Year, make, and model would be key information to have. When does the misfire occur? Under load or idle?

I live in Douglasville. I would be happy to come out and take a look at it for if needed. I'd rather help someone out than watch them get taken to the cleaner if they choose the wrong shop.

Year, make, and model would be key information to have. When does the misfire occur? Under load or idle?

I live in Douglasville. I would be happy to come out and take a look at it for if needed. I'd rather help someone out than watch them get taken to the cleaner if they choose the wrong shop.

Well, this is the best answer yet and is the reason I started working on vehicles.

I'm going to take one of you up on your offer....

It's a 2010 Toyota Avalon. Looks to be ignition coil/plugs.

I like the suggestion about swapping coil packs around, the problem is that the intake plenum, wipers and wiper cowl, and a few other things have to come off to access cylinder 3. Normally I don't like throwing new parts at problems, but I'll make an exception so this doesn't have to be repeated. The seller offered to pay for 1 coil, which was pretty cool. But I'm going to go ahead and replace all 3 rear ignition coils and all 6 plugs. I think I can hear the coil snapping once it gets warmed up. The cel comes on after warm, varying mileage but typically within 50 miles or less. The car idles fine until this light comes on, then idles a little low and is a tad rough. No loss in power that I notice, but I have a feeling new plugs will perk it up a little.

So I have transitioned from wanting a diagnosis to wanting the back 3 plugs and coils replaced. I'll handle the easy front 3, but the back I think will be a little much for my back. I'll provide the parts, and probably have the basic tools needed available.

I'd really appreciate the help! Please pm me a price if you feel comfortable doing this for me! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom