• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good Author to read

image.jpeg

True stories. Great read about the skill it takes to hunt tigers who are eating villagers in India.
One of my favorites.

image.jpeg

Another of my favorites about hunting from the last century. You may recognize him from "the old man and the boy" stories. Great writer who had an interesting life similar to Hemingway in many ways.

Brad Thor is pretty good, Chuck Dixon, Brad Taylor is ok, but a bit too fictional for my tastes, some of his plots are pretty far-fetched.
For older, western type books, William W. Johnston's earlier books are pretty good, and he wrote over 200 I think. The newer ones that have been published under his name since he died are nowhere near as good.

I'm mostly into stuff like patricia cornwell, mary higgins clark, kathy reichs, karin slaughter, john grisham, david baldacci, Robert parker, lisa scottoline, catherine coulter, Brad metzler, and the like.

Forensics, fbi, murder mystery, and the like.

Try Tim Dorsey. And start with his first novel Florida Roadkill. He has a main character named Serge Storms who is a psychotic and creative serial killer off his meds. He is also a fanatic for all things Florida. He has a sidekick named Coleman who is a pothead and a doper who is up for anything.The second book was called Hammerhead Ranch Motel. It really is a great series.

Back
Top Bottom