Going old school

Brett

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
68   0
Reaction score
Found this in some old boxes at a buddies house. It took quite some time and elbow grease to get the rust off but I got this working.

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_Baddone_P7180002.jpg

Heated up some of my special mix and these popped out.

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_Baddone_P7180003.jpg

Took those and over 1000 free cases I found in the boxes and get this. A nice hole maker.

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_Baddone_P7180004.jpg

the old Lymans were very good, but find you some H&G molds ..............nothing like a 10 hole H&G in 45acp ( #68) to build up your arm..

Saw an episode of Dooms day preppers where the guy was using the lead weights off car tires in order to make rounds. Seems like there would be an abundance of those when SHTF...

Thats what my dad use to use.
We actually have a foot locker full of melted down tire weights that he made from them. My brother knows more about the process than I do, but I know after it is melted down, you have to skim off the aluminum and add something to it. He had already completed the prep of them and poured them into bricks. So all we do it put the bricks in the pot, melt it down, and cast the bullets.

Guess I am a lot old school. Find that I enjoy making lots of slugs. Good thing is my son can keep the supply low. By low I am talking about down range. Just enjoy casting and with the proper load can make some small holes. Most rifles will shoot a cast very well just take your time. Good day to all cgillette

Back
Top Bottom