• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Go-to 9mm sub's for can?

They’re a little hot.

Definitely sub in pistols... but will flirt with the sound barrier on your longer (5”+) barrels.

I like the 150gr Federal Syntech ammo. It had a nice sound in my Scorpion SBR

I read something about issues with the syntech ammo causing build up in a can. have you had any issues like that.

I read something about issues with the syntech ammo causing build up in a can. have you had any issues like that.
I haven’t shot enough of it suppressed to give any reasonable feedback... but I’ve shot 10’s of thousands of blue bullets through compensated guns. It’s not that big of a deal.

Crazy high (like 1400+ FPS) and over-crimping are the biggest problems with any coated lead bullet... neither of which should be an issue with subsonic, factory ammo.

Plus, reasonable pistol can should be user serviceable... so just take it apart and clean if it’s a big deal.

Anyone shoot the speer lawman 147 subs?
This is what I usually wind up with. Cheapest bulk subs I can always find. It's louder than some other stuff but cycles reliably and is always available. I've loaded my own but during normal lunacy times 9mm is just too cheap to spend that much time on. People tell me they load 9mm for 3 cents (How the hell do you get a cents symbol on Windows?) but they also load those 3 penny rounds on $2000 progressive presses.

This is what I usually wind up with. Cheapest bulk subs I can always find. It's louder than some other stuff but cycles reliably and is always available. I've loaded my own but during normal lunacy times 9mm is just too cheap to spend that much time on. People tell me they load 9mm for 3 cents (How the hell do you get a cents symbol on Windows?) but they also load those 3 penny rounds on $2000 progressive presses.
Speer Lawman 147 is great ammo. But it does get a little spicy in a 7”+ PCC.

Hey Bryan, how have you been?

Currently (covid times) I’m loading 147grain sub loads for a tad over 7 bucks for 50...Just using my progressive lee press I got a couple years ago for 100 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom