Glock factory Smyrna, Ga questions

The Bandit

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
So sorry if this has been posted before but the search function is not my friend today. So I am planning a trip to the Glock factory sometime in the next couple of weeks. Im trying to do some recon on it as its about 45 minutes or so each way. I bought a bnib G37 from a gunshop about a week ago and upon getting home, realized the mags were just not right. 1 would load fully but then wouldnt fit in the gun and the second wouldnt take all 10 rounds and even though it fit in the gun, wouldnt drop free. My buddy told me to take it up there and they would give me some new mags. Essentially my question is Im getting them to put their night sights on it, swap the mags, and take a look at my g39. The g39 is in perfect shape but since i did get it used, and i have to go over there anyway, i figure ill atleast get them to check it out to be sure. I know the NS are going to be $60, but will I need any more money for what iv described? Lol it does determine whether I wait 1-2 weeks or 2-4 weeks. Never been and am really looking forward to it. Any of the experts advice would be appreciated.

thats what i thought but i wanted to make sure. i called and talked to a tech today about the mag problem and he did confirm the were under warranty and would swap them out but i got busy and forgot to ask about the check up for the 39. lol id hate to drive all the way out there and not have enough money.

I went a few months back and had them check my g23, g27 both were bought used. They did the check up on both and replaced any parts that looked worn. They also replaced a couple of mags as well (I took 10). Only cost was the ns I had put on the g23. Also you will have to check in with the guard at the gate, and he will log your weapons in, so make sure they're unloaded. Better to just carry them in a box unloaded. Hope this helps.

Just call and make sure they have your sights in stock, they were out of the ones I wanted last time I went.

As long as there isn't any self inflicted issues with your GLOCK, or catostrphic problems like a cracked frame/slide, etc.. They should go through your firearm and replace any warn/old parts for free. They will almost always replace mags for free. So, as others have said, you should be good to go with just paying for the night sights.

Make sure to not take any ammo when you go to the guard station to have your gun checked. :)

You should be fine with the $60. They are very good about trading out magazines. They will give you previously used magazines if I remember correctly; since the ones you give them are brand new, normally.

Back
Top Bottom