• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 43 initial report

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
Picked up my 43 from my FFL yesterday, just got back to the office from the range.

Now for the sake of full disclosure, I am a bit of a Glock fanatic so I am somewhat biased. But I was impressed.

It's a well balanced gun that fits my hand better than a lot of other single stack 9mm's of a comparable size. The mag that comes with the pinky extension helps if you have long monkey fingers like I do. I put somewhere around 170 rounds down range, both FMJ and JHP of different brands. WWB seemed to perform somewhat poor as far as accuracy, but in all fairness I ran WWB first and it's a pistol I had not fired before, so it could be in part being new to the gun. Higher quality ammo was spot on as I did my part.

But it ran flawless, not one FTF or FTE. I was "sling shotting" the first rounds out of the mag into the chamber. And of course, I ran the crappiest ammo first, let it get nice and dirty and ran some higher quality FMJ's through it, and then finished off with the JHP's, including a few mags of mixed FMJ and JHP just for the hell of it.

Overall, good little pistol. Now I'll just clean it up and list it here for $600. LOL. No, I think I'm actually gonna hang on to this one for when I need a deeply concealed pistol.

Thanks for posting your review. My son is looking at these.

I still have it too. It's one of the few single stack 9mm's that has stayed in my collection. To be fair, I'm used to shooting Glocks, so it wasn't hard for me to adjust (grip angle, trigger, etc.).

I still have it too. It's one of the few single stack 9mm's that has stayed in my collection. To be fair, I'm used to shooting Glocks, so it wasn't hard for me to adjust (grip angle, trigger, etc.).
I got to try one out the other day at the range. Nice weapon. My son got to try it too.Now he REALLY likes it.

Back
Top Bottom