• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 27

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
3rd Generation Glock 27:

I could sum it up with “It’s a Glock” but that’s too easy.

Looks/feel:

It looks great as all Glocks do. It is natually intimidating and businesslike. The Tennifer slide compliments the polymer frame perfectly.

The feel with the standard 9 rd mag does leave a little to be desired. With the pinky extension your fingers are comfortable but in my hands the heel still comes up short. Fortunately, you can use the longer 23 mags with easily obtained spacers to round them out. I prefer to use the 23 mags giving me the greater comfort of grip plus the 13 rd capacity. Holding a subcompact side-by-side with its compact or full size counterpart produces an interesting surprise. The butt of the compact with the magazine spacer is actually more curved and more ergonomic than the longer guns design. (see attachments)

In its compact form the gun is quite concealable and with extended magazines for extra firepower it is more than adequate for home defense.

At the range:

What can I say? Out of the box the Glock 27 shoots every round perfectly. I now have several hundred rounds of 40S&W and even more 9MM's through this gun and it has never failed in ANY way. Felt recoil is comfortable and accuracy is excellent.

The real magic of the Glock 27 lies in its versatility. The Glock 27 comes in 40 S&W but with a simple barrel change it can also be a .357 Sig. With a change of barrel and magazine it can shoot 9MM as well. From one platform you get 3 distinct guns. The Lonewolf barrels are available from Cheaper than Dirt for $99.97, plus S&H. With the variety of options available for this gun you will have a hard time settling on one. I know I did.

Link to Glocks pistol page:

http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

Last edited:
I bought a Glock 27 about 4 years ago and have switched between it and now a Sig P238 as my carry gun. With the pinkie extension it feels alot better in my hands. If I had to do it all over again, I would've still purchased it.

I will be getting the 27 match conversion barrel for my 33.
I plan on shooting GSSF matchs.

Already got the TruGlo TFOS for it, going to take them to eds to havem installed.
Best sights on the market point blank!
Day or night they glow bright!

Also if any of you want a recoil up grade check out wolf springs.com
get the 24 pound recoil spring and steel guide rod combo,

really will Take out the kick of the 40 or 357 sig.

I have a EFK fire dragon double action recoil spring in my glock 31 C
it kicks like a low grain 9mm.
N a 24 pound spring in my Beretta 96 - hardly any recoil. Most accurate .40 I ever shot.
I give props out to Tyler for trading me this remarkable Beretta.

now I just have to find me a deal on a stainless Beretta 92.

Back
Top Bottom