• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

glock 19 malfunction help

johnxiong1992

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Not sure if its in right section, but please move to correct section if so.
Recently owned a glock 19 gen 3, no more than 400 rounds into it. Shot 6 rounds yesterday and the pin wouldnt fire. Bullet was in the chamber but triggee wouldnt allow to shoot. Im new into guns/pistol. Please help. Thank you.

Would the trigger move at all or was it stuck? If it moves, was it a hard pull or is it very loose? Your trigger spring could have broken, which happens sometimes.

The trigger wouldn't move? Or the firing pin wasn't hitting the primer hard enough? When you racked the slide and checked out the round that was in the chamber was there a dent in it? Any modifications? Did you buy the gun new or used? Factory ammo or reloads?

So your the original owner, put 400 rounds or so down range, and it won't fire now?

Please elaborate if you removed anything to give a quick cleaning like the trigger bar? Could very well be the connector spring installed upside down....

If not I'd recommend the same; take it to Glock

Thank you all for the input, but im the 2nd owner. The ammo wasnt bent and the trigger was stuck. No mods nor anything was taken off. Cleaned it and will try again next time at range.

Thank you all for the input, but im the 2nd owner. The ammo wasnt bent and the trigger was stuck. No mods nor anything was taken off. Cleaned it and will try again next time at range.
Since you are new to the forum, I don't want to make an assumption but do you know that Glock will completely service the pistol for free? In fact, it will likely be one of the best customer service experiences out there for any product. They will take the pistol, and while you wait, tear it down and update all aspects of the pistol. Almost always in well under and hour, no appointment, and there is no charge. Glocks are not overly complex so I am sure you could likely sort out the problem but Glock will do it for you and send you away with souvenirs!:clap2:

I wouldn't shoot it again without having someone look at it first. If your new to guns/pistols a trip to Glock in Smyrna is well worth your time, while you are there you can also checkout Adventure Outdoors which is relatively close to Glock. It's an impressive store and gun collection for sale. Lots of inventory

Since you are new to the forum, I don't want to make an assumption but do you know that Glock will completely service the pistol for free? In fact, it will likely be one of the best customer service experiences out there for any product. They will take the pistol, and while you wait, tear it down and update all aspects of the pistol. Almost always in well under and hour, no appointment, and there is no charge. Glocks are not overly complex so I am sure you could likely sort out the problem but Glock will do it for you and send you away with souvenirs!:clap2:

This. M-F 8-4 i think, call to dbl check times. They are awesome and will fix your pistol all up and update it along with test firing it! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom