• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19 G5 or G4?

Am I going to loose a lot significant upgrades going from G19 G5 to G4?

• Yes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Don't Do It

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Victor R.

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
Guys I am new at this. I recently purchased a G19 Gen5, mostly recommended, buy the guy at the counter, as a pistol I can use at the range and EDC. My hands are rather small and although I really like the Gen 5 a lot, I went to check the Gen 4 and feels a little better to me. I am thinking on either sale or trade the Gen5 for a Gen4, here is my question.
Am I going to loose a lot significant upgrades going from G5 to G4? It will be considering a downgrade? I also like the G43 or G26 for EDC. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

I handled and shot a 19 gen 5 to see if worth changing to it. Nope. Both great guns and cant go wrong with either. I figured since i already had a gen4, just stickin with it

I still think Glock peaked with the Gen 3 guns, Gen 4 seems fine if you like the slimmer grip or don't mind using those silly backstraps. The Gen 5 mag well is a no go for me, I don't want to have that wider mag well digging into my side while seated. But that just me.

You'll be giving up a more durable finish, a slightly better trigger, a more accurate barrel. If you are a lefty, you give up the ability to make the mag release left handed. If you swap magazines, you also give up a brighly colored follower that makes it easy to see that the mag is empty when looking through the open action of your gun. You give up a flared magazine well.

On the plus side, you gain nubs betwixt your fingers.

At least the finish was better on Gen 3 guns.

Gotta have Tacos as an option.....just sayin.

The only thing that matters is what feels best to you because if you dont like it you wont shoot it. Shoot a few at a range, pick something, get training, practice, join a club to make it more fun and to ramp up the experience/fun factor while gaining practical knowledge.

Just my 2 cents 2orth.

Back
Top Bottom