• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Giving deer away?

TrueGrit

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
1   0
Reaction score
Is there any laws against giving deer away? The deer will be harvested legally and called in to the GFC. We usually donate deer to the Hunters for the Hungry and make a donation directly to the Georgia Wildlife Federation. I was curious if I could legally give deer to ODT members or anyone else and what those people needed?

Never heard about it being against the law to gift legally harvested gave to anyone. I've given tons of fish and wild game to people who like it but don't hunt or fish (go figure) or are elderly and simply can't. Guess we'll find out if they come to get me now!

It's illegal to sell, purchase, or trade any part of a game species or parts of (except antlers, hides, and tails of legally taken deer, tails of legally taken squirrels, hides of legally trapped furbearers, and legally taken alligator products). You can gift the meat legally.

Talk with your local processer he can not sell but he can recoup processing fees legally.he proberly has a list of people wanting what’s not picked up.

My Wife is working for her bestfriends dad processing in covington. We were able to pay for the processing and get two 120 lbs deer that got donated. We had like 20 donated deer this season.

Back
Top Bottom