• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting older and wearing down

DawgLink

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
2   0
Reaction score
Well I used to be a compound bow hunter earlier in my life. But years on the job have worn into my ability to draw and shoot efficiently. I gave my compound to a youth hunter and bought a crossbow. Hunted a little with it the first couple years. But got after it last year and was successful with 2 does taken with it. Couple of months ago I upgraded to a nice (although used) Wicked Ridge Ten Point. I’m anxious about getting it out and dialing it in. And not embarrassed by the fact that I am using a crossbow. It allows me to continue something I love that was not able to carry on with my compound

63 years old and a torn rotator cuff a few years ago got me off my trusty recurve and onto a crossbow. Tried to go back to it last year but just can't do the reps needed to be confident hunting with it without disabling my shoulder for a day. 😂 Brother, we're just hunting smarter. I guarantee you that had crossbows been legal when my Grandfather was still kicking, he would have been using one! I'll do anything legal to make a clean, humane kill and extend my deer season and years of hunting!

Back
Top Bottom