Getting back into archery after a 12 year hiatus.

Tikker

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
I feel I missed out on a lot of hunting the last few years since I din't have a bow to use for the season, so I finally took the plunge and bought a Bear Agenda online, it's coming with a Truglow 5 pin sight and a whisker biscket rest. All I need now are arrow's, release and a target. I plan to go with the Gold Tip velocity's and the Scott little goose release.

I figure i can get arrows and the release online but would like a good local shop to fletch them for me and buy the target through there. Anyone know of a good shop that's in the Acworth / Kennesaw / Cartersville area?

Well since I didn't find a local shop for arrow's I went ahead and bought them through Cabela's since they had a sale on them. Also went with the Truglow Nitrous Boa release.

New bow shop in town lake. Alatoona outdoors on rose creek Pkwy.

If you go there make sure the owner and not his son does your work. He let his 15 yr old boy work on a bows for a couple of my friends, every bow had to go back and get fixed. ...

Thanks, but I already got the target while at Cabela's, it'll let me practice with broadheads & it's light enough to carry around in the yard. That target in the link weighs 80lbs.

I've been thinking of trying to shoot with out the sights when the arrows come in. I enjoyed shooting this way when I had my longbow, so I'm curious if it's worth while with a compound.

I feel I missed out on a lot of hunting the last few years since I din't have a bow to use for the season, so I finally took the plunge and bought a Bear Agenda online, it's coming with a Truglow 5 pin sight and a whisker biscket rest. All I need now are arrow's, release and a target. I plan to go with the Gold Tip velocity's and the Scott little goose release.

I figure i can get arrows and the release online but would like a good local shop to fletch them for me and buy the target through there. Anyone know of a good shop that's in the Acworth / Kennesaw / Cartersville area?
I use chatsworth sporting goods up 411 they are ok bow shops are about a thing of the past though

Welcome back to archery. I go and sweat my **s off, scare some deer and enjoy every minute of it. If anything it's a great time to scout for rifle season.
I read that you used to shoot a longbow; I recently sold all of my compound equipment and have since switched to shooting a recurve. If you get another longbow and want to shoot sometime give me a holler.

Back
Top Bottom