Georgia FAL owners

chosinsteve132

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a new thread about FAL's and everything FAL related. I only own one, it's a parts gun. Has beautiful wood furniture with a code that indicates it was from New Zealand back in 1963. The lower receiver is Austrailian as well as everything else except the upper which is an old pre 94 Enterprie Arms. It is an inch pattern gun, there is not a scratch on it. I have yet to shoot it, it just looks too good to mar up. I'm definately gonna get a cheap shooter some day. I would love to have one of the original Belgian ones but with a baby on the way that'll have to be put on the back burner. When I was in Iraq back in 03 I had the chance to shoot a select fire FAL, it was a beast but more controlable then the G3 I shot as well. Well now I've just about rambled as much as I can. So com'mon Georgia FAL owners let here about yours.

Hoping to join the club soon. Spent the whole day calling various places for one and coming up empty handed or finding a few way over price.

brit kit imbel reciever and wood here, but where can i get the barrel threaded without taking it apart? i want to thread it but should i just solder?

brit kit imbel reciever and wood here, but where can i get the barrel threaded without taking it apart? i want to thread it but should i just solder?

I'm planning to solder mine, where you at-we can try yours first.:flame:

Have a l1a1 imbel, shoots great.

Got this a month ago. Have yet to fire it and I really don't know anything about FAL's. Got this one in trade and it just seems right! l1a1.jpg

I have a metric Imbel receiver built by CAI using an Austrian mil spec STG58 kit. With Hirtenberg ammo will rival my Rem 700 PPS at 100yds. Its all metric and it was built before they stared to mix metric and inch parts. Love the way the gas regulated can be adjusted or turned off for single shots bolt like action. With Sierra Match 165 gr by Fed Gold Medal it will stay on a dime from a bench on its steel bipod from the first to the 20th rd in the mag. Digging just a bigger hole in the target. Mine is sporting a 3x9x40mm Leupold on top of Federal Arms built solid mount. I had many 308 semis, including the "White Feather" edition of M14, HK91, and more. By far, this is the most accurate semi I have seen. It was an unexpected and pleasant surprise considering the QC issues CAI had with other weapons.

Back
Top Bottom