• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Georgia Arms Ammo, your negative experiences?

Just finished of my second 1000rd can of their 115g 9mm fmj. Never had a problem. At $220 it has been hands down better than most of the $11/box stuff I have tried in the past, so I don't really shop around anymore.

Thanks very much for your input. Seems the concensus is positive. I'm going to take the light strikes and a couple of fired cases to Ga Arms and let them have a look at them. I can definitely see that the primers in the no bang rounds are seated deeper in the case than the primers in an unfired round.

I'll let you know the outcome....

Thanks guys!!

Definitely give them a call, I've spoken to them before and I'm sure they will be interested to determine what the problem is. It could also be your gun so that's something to consider especially if you're using the S&W Bodyguard as your carry gun.

I had a couple of 9mm rounds that were not properly seated so they were out of spec. I noticed them, tossed those two, and fired the rest.

Anyone know if they have any Garand safe ammo?

Ive had some problems using 380 also but it was most likely the gun, a Amt 380 back up which is a piece and it is very common for those to have ftf. Other than that every other round I've shot has been great. I even have wadcutters in my .38 that I carry on me.

I spoke with a ga arms rep at a gun show. I told him about my experience with their ammo. He took a few rounds that I had left for the owners to analyze and gave me 50 more rounds from another lot.

I fired the new 50 rounds and had no issues whatsoever. It was definitely the ammo causing the light strikes as I suspected because some of the primers were seated too deep.

I feel much better about carrying my bg380 now that I know its reliable......

Thank all of you for your input on this thread!

Back
Top Bottom