• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Aerospace and Defense stripped AR15 lowers

Had I been a first time builder I probably would have broken the lower attempting to get the roll pin in. That would have really pissed me off and probably scared me away from ever attempting to build another one.
that's exactly the issue...a newb wouldnt know when to stop or how to address the spec issues which would lead to damage. they shouldnt sell them period if that is what they are getting from the supplier. thanks for the info.

I just finished building one. Sloppy at best, I can say the trigger and hammer pins are tight and the trigger is smooth in it. Bolt catch is very sloppy, stupid sloppy, if I wasn't using it on a CMMG dedicated 22lr upper I would be concerned. It looks like the logo and all the other engraving was done by a 12 year old with a tattoo gun (I am not bashing 12 year old tattoo artist). What they hay. Its for a 22lr. I will shoot it tomorrow, if it doesnt blow my face off I will try to post a follow up.

that's exactly the issue...a newb wouldnt know when to stop or how to address the spec issues which would lead to damage. they shouldnt sell them period if that is what they are getting from the supplier. thanks for the info.
My guess is they are doing the finish work themselves as they specialize in milling and anodizing.

I just finished building one. Sloppy at best, I can say the trigger and hammer pins are tight and the trigger is smooth in it. Bolt catch is very sloppy, stupid sloppy, if I wasn't using it on a CMMG dedicated 22lr upper I would be concerned. It looks like the logo and all the other engraving was done by a 12 year old with a tattoo gun (I am not bashing 12 year old tattoo artist). What they hay. Its for a 22lr. I will shoot it tomorrow, if it doesnt blow my face off I will try to post a follow up.
Interesting. It seems the out of spec areas vary from lower to lower. While I did notice the trigger pin hole to be ever so slightly too large, the hole for the hammer pin and bolt catch seem fine and the trigger pin hole isn't out of spec enough to really cause any headache. Kind of makes me wonder if they are machining them one at a time by hand. Anybody else buy one of these?

I had bought 2 of these also and built them up . I had issues with the roll pins as well tried driving them and they didnt wanna go. I had a small file set and filed the pin all around it to basically remove the coating from the pin and then it worked . Other than those 2 holes everything else seemed to be ok on the ones that i built up

Caveat to mine...this was my first build, so don't have a good base for comparison...

I had a HUGE headache with the pin for the bolt catch and obliterated two pins. I got two pins two thirds of the way in and both finally started bending with me from having to hit them so hard. I used some pliers on the third pin to compress it a little extra and finally got it in...though it was pretty tough the last quarter of the length. The pin for the trigger guard was pretty darn tight as well, but did get it in on the first attempt without damaging the pin. The hammer trigger pins were a very nice fit on mine.

Back
Top Bottom