• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Aerospace and Defense stripped AR15 lowers

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
I had really high hopes for these lowers. When I first saw them I knew I had to have one for the IDF build I have been working on. Tuesday I ran up to Cherokee Gun and Pawn and picked one up.

Appearance.

These lowers look great. The mill work on them is top notch as is the anodizing. The roll mark however leaves a bit to be desired. The design is cool and what not, however it realy isn't a roll mark and instead is very shallow engraving. I have never seen an engraved lower before, but it's nice and clean and certainly not a deal killer.

Spec.

This is a deal killer. Upon attempting to build out this lower I discovered that there was quite a few problems. Holes were drilled too deep, the holes for the trigger guard pin were not large enough and required me to drill them out to enlarge them in order to get the roll pin even started. I tried roll pins from both a PSA lpk and a Del Ton LPK just to make certain that my pin wasn't out of spec and both were the same result. The holes were just too small. The hole for the pistol grip screw was not drilled straight and required some effort to get the pistol grip screw fully tightened down. Worst of all, the magazine well is WAY out of spec. USGI mags do not drop free and require force to insert and remove and you can forget about using PMags. I will have to file on the mag well to get it where it will at least easily accept USGI magazines.

Conclusion.

I don't know who this company is or who did the finish work on the lower for them, but I cannot recommend anything other than avoiding these lowers if posible unless you like correcting stupid issues. I believe that these lowers were rushed through production as fast as possible in an attempt to capitalize on the current market. I certainly do not feel it was worth the 150 bucks I paid for this thing after tax.

I like seeing Georgia companies and I try to support them when possible. I really hope these guys get there act together if they are going to continue in the gun market after the crazy subsides.

Last edited:
All in all I'm happy with it. Had I been a first time builder I probably would have broken the lower attempting to get the roll pin in. That would have really pissed me off and probably scared me away from ever attempting to build another one.

Let them know that they need to step up their products. And give them some feed back to make better products. I don't know about you but I don't like spending hard earned money on something new just to fix it. Maybe they'll make better stuff in the future.

perhaps to share your insights? :noidea:
At this point I wouldn't let them exchange it so it is really a moot point. I'm sure as people start to build these they will get all the feedback they need. Besides, maybe they will get their act together and become the next Daniel Defense. Then my low serial numbered out of spec piece of crap will become a novelty. ;)

Back
Top Bottom