GENERAC Generators

I have a brand new 17kw sitting in my garage on a pallet.I need to get it installed and have been lazy about.

I have a brand new 17kw sitting in my garage on a pallet.I need to get it installed and have been lazy about.
is yours a generac?

What I like about the GENERAC is they kick on a few seconds after the power goes off and shut off as soon as power comes back on, you don't even have to be home.. And they pose no danger to power workers like a conventional generator.. I know the initial cost if higher but I think it's well worth it..

There are some other generators that do that as well. They have what is called a kicker switch that automatically turns off when power goes out. The kicker switch is supposed to stop the power from the generator feeding back to the lines. I've done a little research on them myself and generac has always come up as one of the top brands.

^^^this all day long ... The automatic ones are expensive. I've got one that is manual and I do just fine with it. Thing about it is you rarely need it here in this climate. If you think you're gonna use it 2-3-4 times a year, then yeah the cost might be worth it. Only using it once every year to every couple of years? It's not worth it to me. I drag mine out every 6 months, service it, put fresh gas in it...etc., wrap it up in a tarp and put it back in the barn. It's ready if I need it.

My brother in law has the whole house diesel/natural gas one that does exactly what you are talking about.

They are very expensive though but any small,generator can be wired into several or all of your electrical circuits in the panel with the use of a transfer switch.

I was thinking of doing the whole house one if I ever hit the lottery since I've seen them in action at my BIL's place during Christmas Eve once when the neighborhood power went out.
The lights flickered and the generator did not skip a beat.....it kicked on and stayed on for about an hours and a half until the power came back on.
He has a service contract with his so they service and inspect it on schedule.

It's very quiet but the neighbors have on occasion, ran up to his door with long extension chords from time to time when the power went out.

Back
Top Bottom