• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generac generator 280 at Costco

shootsacanon

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
127   0
Reaction score
I don’t know anything about these, but it’s 100 more at HD, & at first glance looks a lot like the various Honda knock-offs. Might be a good start for someone not ready to drop 1k, but wanting some power in the meantime.

246A17A2-304B-49C5-9944-AC44AF8A8844.jpeg

Hard to tell what the specs are. The bad thing about these is they barely enough power to run a fridge if considering it for home use.
Check your output wattages vs hat you think you will need. These will not run anywhere near the needs of a house. FYI

As far as what it is, it is probably a good price

Yes, I think these said 1200 peak, 1000 running. I didn’t check to see if you can string a couple together. So you might have to choose between running the fridge or freezer, but not both. Haha. That Firman next to it is probably the better choice, especially when it was 599 a month or so ago (799 now).

These tiny generators produce about 8 amps of 120 volts AC, it would keep a large sized chest freezer or a average sized refrigerator running as their compressors spike around 8 amps each when they kick on but generally cruise at only a few amps. Actually, unless both the fridge and chest freezer compressors kick on simultaneously, the tiny generator would keep both running throughout the blackout. But downside is these tiny generators have tiny gas tanks that need refilling, so your wife wouldn’t get much sleep :eyebrows:

That Firman pictured above is set up outside my house, in an enclosure with a fan, and ready to run on propane. Got it for $479 at Costco. Dang, $1169 now and OOS.

@Darkdiesel installed a transfer switch, it runs my main floor with kitchen, master and bath upstairs. All in for about $1k on geny, electrician, and transfer switch. Got another $400 in the deck box, fan and propane tank.

Battery start, takes less than 3 minutes to be online after power goes out.

Buddy camps with the Generac, it is a mouse farting...... noise wise.

Which Costco OP?

That Firman pictured above is set up outside my house, in an enclosure with a fan, and ready to run on propane. Got it for $479 at Costco.

@Darkdiesel installed a transfer switch, it runs my main floor with kitchen, master and bath upstairs. All in for about $1k on geny, electrician, and transfer switch. Got another $400 in the deck box, fan and propane tank.

Battery start, takes less than 3 minutes to be online after power goes out.

Buddy camps with the Generac, it is a mouse farting...... noise wise.

Which Costco OP?
Kennesaw/Barrett Pkwy

Back
Top Bottom