Gas availability

Kemp actually did something decent and suspended taxes on fuel to keep things even. I hate the guy but applaud that move. Don't know if that explains all the level prices but it had to help.
Yeah...saw that. A necessary move, IMO. He's trying to salvage his next primary run. He's not gonna do too well.....I know I'm gonna vote against him in his next primary.

Kemp actually did something decent and suspended taxes on fuel to keep things even. I hate the guy but applaud that move. Don't know if that explains all the level prices but it had to help.

Carr: Kemp Declares State of Emergency due to Colonial Pipeline Cyber Incident, Invokes Price Gouging Statute
MAY 11, 2021

ATLANTA, GA – On May 10, 2021, Governor Brian P. Kemp declared the State of Emergency as a result of the petroleum shortage from the May 7, 2021 cyber-attack on the Colonial Pipeline. The State of Emergency will remain in effect through 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2021. When Gov. Kemp declared this State of Emergency, Georgia’s price gouging statutes were activated. This means that while the State of Emergency remains in effect, businesses may not charge more for products and services identified by the Governor, including motor fuel and diesel fuel, than they charged before the declaration of the state of emergency, unless the increased prices accurately reflect an increase in the cost of new stock or the cost to transport it, plus the retailer's average markup percentage applied during the ten days immediately prior to the declaration of the state of emergency. Under the Price Gouging Statutes, the Department of Law’s Consumer Protection Division (CPD) receives and evaluates reports related to a rise in the costs of goods and services after the declaration is made.

“While we believe this to be a short-term event, we do not want consumers to be taken advantage of,” said Attorney General Carr. “Our office will review all price gouging complaints received to ensure the law is followed.”

Consumers should also be aware that the Public Health State of Emergency originally issued by the Governor on March 14, 2020 to assist with the state’s response to Covid-19 is currently in effect through May 30, 2021. That order prohibits price gouging of goods and services necessary to support public health.

Violators of Georgia’s price gouging statutes may be fined up to $5,000 per violation. Consumers can report suspected price gouging by calling 404-651-8600 or 1-800-869-1123 (outside metro Atlanta) or completing the online complaint form on CPD’S website (consumer.ga.gov).

Businesses looking for additional information about compliance with the Price Gouging Statutes can visit the CPD web site at consumer.ga.gov, go to the “Business Services” tab and then click on “Emergency Price Controls.”

###

Carr: Kemp Declares State of Emergency due to Colonial Pipeline Cyber Incident, Invokes Price Gouging Statute
MAY 11, 2021

ATLANTA, GA – On May 10, 2021, Governor Brian P. Kemp declared the State of Emergency as a result of the petroleum shortage from the May 7, 2021 cyber-attack on the Colonial Pipeline. The State of Emergency will remain in effect through 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2021. When Gov. Kemp declared this State of Emergency, Georgia’s price gouging statutes were activated. This means that while the State of Emergency remains in effect, businesses may not charge more for products and services identified by the Governor, including motor fuel and diesel fuel, than they charged before the declaration of the state of emergency, unless the increased prices accurately reflect an increase in the cost of new stock or the cost to transport it, plus the retailer's average markup percentage applied during the ten days immediately prior to the declaration of the state of emergency. Under the Price Gouging Statutes, the Department of Law’s Consumer Protection Division (CPD) receives and evaluates reports related to a rise in the costs of goods and services after the declaration is made.

“While we believe this to be a short-term event, we do not want consumers to be taken advantage of,” said Attorney General Carr. “Our office will review all price gouging complaints received to ensure the law is followed.”

Consumers should also be aware that the Public Health State of Emergency originally issued by the Governor on March 14, 2020 to assist with the state’s response to Covid-19 is currently in effect through May 30, 2021. That order prohibits price gouging of goods and services necessary to support public health.

Violators of Georgia’s price gouging statutes may be fined up to $5,000 per violation. Consumers can report suspected price gouging by calling 404-651-8600 or 1-800-869-1123 (outside metro Atlanta) or completing the online complaint form on CPD’S website (consumer.ga.gov).

Businesses looking for additional information about compliance with the Price Gouging Statutes can visit the CPD web site at consumer.ga.gov, go to the “Business Services” tab and then click on “Emergency Price Controls.”

###
Whew, didn't see anything about guns and ammo so y'all can keep whining away about those.

I haven't passed or been to a single gas station between north GA and Marietta that has been out of diesel in the past few days. And I've been paying close attention because I just picked up a diesel truck last week and I've been enjoying being able to get diesel when stations are out of gas a little too much so I've been topping off at every opportunity. But if I'm "wrong" that's fine. Just not been my experience.
No diesel to be had in the Dahlonega/ Dawsonville area Tuesday. Why I stayed home yesterday.

MAY 11, 2021

###
Kemp doesn't understand econ 101.

I topped off 5 gal at Frazier's in Sharpsburg yesterday so my wife can use my truck just in case to get to her new job. Right after I hung the nozzle up the clerk came out and shut it all down to keep from draining their tanks but I'm told most if not all the stores should be flowing again by the end of the weekend

Murphy in Ellijay supposedly has gas, according to GasBuddy.
I guess my feeling is that any information about a gas station that has gas is time critical and by the time you get there (unless around the corner) really isn't there anymore. I talked to the lady I usually buy my gas from at Murphys and she said even THEY can't get any information from corporate fuel services about when the next fillup is. "It will be there when it gets there." My particular Murphys usually gets a tanker every day, or every other day at the least.....we'll just have to see. But my personal feeling is that this shortage isn't going to last long.

Back
Top Bottom