• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gardening

ddennis

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
So what are you guys/gals planting in your gardens this year? How big is your garden?

I only did 2 rows. 4 tomatoes, 4 bell peppers, 4 cucumbers...

i will be doing tomatoes shortly after the next bout of cool weather... grew 15 jalopenos plants from seeds and just transplanted to my garden area. My sweet corn is about 3 inches tall now, my 8 zucchini plants just broke soil and are growing stupid fast and 15 okra plants are making their way towards the sky.

I had more sweet corn when I originally planted... noticed dirt in my dogs water bowl over the past couple days and it kinda clicked last night. She ate half my corn crop.

got gourd, watermellon, cataloupe, corn, squash, butter beans, purple hull beans, sunflower, cucumber, potatoes, onions, bell pepper, jalepeno pepper, okra and tomatos
size 125' x 125'
Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Family has an organic garden in Clermont. Me and the girlfriend occupy about two 50ft rows. We plant just about everything, but the best stuff are the hot peppers, kiwi tree, and apple tree(makes damn good hard cider).

My garden is not so big but I have planted a lot of plants in it. I am planning to plant vegetables in it but not yet, I have a lot of flower plants and other decoration plants which have beautiful leaves. This is all my garden is all about.

Would have our usual 2-3 acre garden, but since I am the only one that can tend to it, an I leave very early and get home very late now, I simply can not keep one up this year....We usually have some of everything, and I can most of what we don't eat fresh, and give the rest away to family. Our garden usually consist of tomatoes (cherry,steak,big boy, betterbush), lima beans,peas, black eyed peas, few variations of onions, okra, squash, banana peppers, jalapenos, cabbage, carrots, Zuchini, egg plant, watermelon,cantalope,honeydew, potatoes, sweet potatoes...I know there is a few more I'm forgetting though.... Yes I grew up with gardens, and will continue to have them....just not this year :/

Last edited:
We live in town and our entire backyard is in the shade. This year we chose to just shop our local farmers market. I missed playing in the garden but the past few years I harvested nothing.

Back
Top Bottom