• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA drivers...

Does putting an Alabama plate on the back of your car limit the accelerator to 5-10mph under the speed limit? Or do they feel they're in the future so they have plenty of time to kill.
With the same thinking putting a fla tag on your vehicle makes you drive in the left lane, going 10 mph under the speed limit and leave your right blinker on.

What is up with all the morons starting to drive around with their flashers going during rain? That being taught in driver school now?

One or two idiots doing this driving down the Interstate is manageable, but when you get a dozen of them, it makes it downright dangerous as you can no longer see anything but their bright blinkers...
This has come up before and twisted some shorts but hazards lights are for PARKED CARS. If you are driving with your hazards on due to poor visibility there is no way to tell if you are on the road or shoulder. On undivided roads it's a good way to cause a head on collision. If you feel visibility is that bad PULL OFF THE ROAD. Or drive. But make a decision! :tsk:

This has come up before and twisted some shorts but hazards lights are for PARKED CARS. If you are driving with your hazards on due to poor visibility there is no way to tell if you are on the road or shoulder. On undivided roads it's a good way to cause a head on collision. If you feel visibility is that bad PULL OFF THE ROAD. Or drive. But make a decision! :tsk:
This all day!!!

This all day!!!
True.

Using hazard lights indicates that "this car is a hazard".

It does not mean "driving conditions are hazardous" - which how people tend to use them.

If I'm driving at less than half the posted speed limit, is my car a "hazard" even though it's not parked?

I suppose that would depend on whether everybody else is driving that slow, making it the "new normal" for that road, under those conditions.

If many others are still going 55 mph in a super-heavy snowstorm or rainstorm, or on roads covered with ice or snow, what should those of us do who would rather putt-putt along at 25 or 30?
Should we get off the road entirely?
If we stay on the road and keep driving, I think we SHOULD turn our 4-way flashers on to make us more visible.

Should we get off the road entirely?
If we stay on the road and keep driving, I think we SHOULD turn our 4-way flashers on to make us more visible.

If I'm driving 20% over the posted speed limit - am I a hazard?

I think the distinction is that hazards are intended for stationary vehicles in or adjacent to the roadway. The flashing signal is supposed to be a contrast to the lights of other moving vehicles on the road. I could see a case for using flashers if you crawling along in the right lane, but that isn't how people use them. Instead, heavy rain, snow, fog leads to a sea of flashing lights in every lane and at every speed, making it impossible to distinguish a stationary vehicle.

Another thought, what is more helpful in a low visibility situation - a flashing signal that disappears long enough for you to cover twenty yards between flashes, or a pair of red lights that stay on constantly and allow working turn signals?

Back
Top Bottom