• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS **Smith & Wesson K-38 Masterpiece 14-4 Full Covered Engrave.** Nickel 6 Inch**

jmac

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
I'm going to offer this masterpiece Covered engraved By Walter T Shannon. Target Hammer, Target Trigger and beautiful Smith Presentation Grips. The 14-4 has never been consumer fired. Come with a Wood Smith Presentation Box. The 14-4 leave the factory July 23, 1980. It was Delivered to Dixie Shooters Blakely Ga. DON'T be Afraid To make A OFFER. I might take it.

Master Engraver Walter Shannon. Walter Shannon ran a gun engraving business in the 1970s and '80s after he retired from the Sante Fe railroad. He worked out of Waldron, Arkansas, and Palestine, Tx. from what we have learned. He was a certified "Master Engraver" and his style was very similar to the well-known work of Cole Agee. Mr. Shannon's work featured scroll engraving in a classic style, he did not do game scenes or portraits. Mr. Shannon applied a signature stylized "S" on the bottom of the trigger guards of the guns he engraved, And most of the time stamping the grip frame with his last name and occasionally the date in which the work was completed. Walter Shannon died in 1999 in Palestine Texas at the age of 80. His work has really begun to be recognized and appreciated in the last ten years or so. Believe me the pix DO NOT do the work of art justice. Thanks for looking. Any questions please ask.
NOTE: Must be of Legal age 21+. GA DL. Permit a plus.
Need to meet around the Dawsonville outlet mall area.
5YJIhQU.jpg

mH9mlMI.jpg

aPLvI7K.jpg

mYqLP4e.jpg

nrLdpzF.jpg

QJ93kJU.jpg

l85Kc59.jpg

cef6UDU.jpg

MO30eD4.jpg

1opoJk9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom