FS Black Powder Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspade

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Posting this here with permission as it doesn't fit any specific forum. For Sale is a Live Fire Black Powder Civil War Cannon. Desk top size 21 1/2 inches Long X 10inches Wide, Barrel is 11 1/4 inches. Bore is .50Cal. This is a Model 1864 6lb smooth bore that I hand made my self. Carriage is White Oak, Wheels solid Aluminum, Barrel is Hand turned from 360 Brass, all other fittings Brass. Painted in the period Gray and Black. Carriage doesn't have all the exact details as it was built as a shooter not a show piece, some paint chipped on wheels seen in pictures. Selling as is $550 I usually sell these for nearly double that.. Going through a Divorce and need the cash. I'll check the forums when I can, but email directly with serious questions etc. Located in Rockdale.spadem@bellsouth.net
i52.tinypic.com_23j0tns.jpg

i52.tinypic.com_2ni5hly.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of those things you keep around for when the shotgun, AR, AK, full size 45, compact 45, and pocket pistol ammo as all been shot and you need to be done with the battle. "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Sorry I didn't expect to get replies that fast! It uses a cannon or fireworks fuse for ignition, they burn very hot and reliable.

Last edited:
It's been fired about 12 times, normal max blank load is 80grs FFG. 40 grs with a lead ball no wadding. Also Tested at higher rates to ensure barrel integrity. Slower burn black powder is best no FFFG or FFFFG, burn rates are to high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom