Reaction score
Item Name: 1969 Lincoln Continental Coupe

Zip Code: 30078

Item is for: Sale Only

Sale Price: 9,000

Caliber: 460 C.I.D

Willing To Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required: Yes

Bill Of Sale Required Info: Just a quick handwritten BOS so you can get it tagged.

Item Description:
Just had her fully detailed, inside and out. Will try to get new pictures up in the next day or so.

Up for sale is a fully documented, multiple show winning 1969 Lincoln Continental, 2 door coupe. Original 460 cid motor with a C6 automatic transmission, this baby can MOVE!!! This car is almost all original with only 60,620 documented miles (I do drive her regularly around the block and to the grocery store to keep everything fresh...the miles are gonna go up but very slowly). I have photo documentation of the entire restoration process. With the exception of the paint in the engine bay and the carpet, this car is all there. Much time and money invested over the years from 1988 until the car last appeared in a major car show in 2004. Car then sat in a garage under cover until 2012 and then was left outside for about 6 months unfortunately. All accessories work (power antenna, radio, etc.) and car looks sharp. Has been featured on the cover of the Continental Comments twice and has won both the Ford Award and the coveted Schaffer Award. Valued at over $25,000 last time is was appraised but that was before the parking lot dent (seen in photo of passenger side).The Good:Pictures of the entire process of refreshing the car from a "barn find" to full blown show car.Carburetor rebuilt less than 3 months agoRebuilt starter 2 weeks ago, cranks easy and fires right up every time.Have original spare tire which Kelly Tire used to make factory correct replicas (never mounted)Trophies and awards all go with the carYou can drive her home today, she's tagged and insured and I drive her regularlyCover comes with the car, she stays in the garage under the cover when not being driven.Spare carburetor cover, hubcab ($300 by itself!), and a few other misc. piecesOriginal paperwork...all of it. Bill of sale, sales sheet, first 3 Ga state inspection forms, copy of original title, build sheet, all tags from the body, original owners manual, original care guide, heck, even the free 1st anniversary oil change paperwork the owner got in the mail is there.The Not so Good:Car has a scratch down the right side from a parking lot accident (grrrrrrr!!!!)Gas gauge sticks. Probably from sitting with ethanol gas in the tank from 2004 to 2012. A/C needs to be charged. The compressor will kick on but I haven't tried to charge the system as I'm not sure if it's still R12 or if it's been converted to 134a.She's been sitting on the same tires since 2004. I drive to the grocery store and to little car shows around the area but haven't really done any long hauls because of this. They look ok and have held air for the past 6 months with no leaks.If you're looking for something to cut up, chop, customize, or otherwise make not stock just keep on looking. This needs to go to a true Lincoln collector(which I am not) and remain true to it's history. Asking $9,000 OBO. May consider partial trades, just ask, the worst I can say is no.

Pictures:
1405794295_1.jpg

DSC_0526.jpgDSC_0524.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom