• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Giveaway!  FrogLube GIVEAWAY - Winner Drawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.D.

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
105   0
Reaction score
Winner drawn! Here's the link: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...inner-Drawn!?p=3146032&viewfull=1#post3146032

Thanks ODTers!

Hey fellas, hopefully everyone's made it safely home from the snowpocalypse!

I'm sure some of you have read or heard about some of the controversy surrounding FrogLube in cold weather performance and I figured I'd do a giveaway so someone who hasn't tried it before could give it a shot (or a fan of the product to have in reserve).

For what it's worth, I've been running it in my ultrasonic cleaner for about a year and a half and I'm happy with the product. I like that it's completely non-toxic, and I also find it works exceptionally as a lubricant (in other than extreme cold), and does well as a cleaner and protectant. With that said, there is no doubt in my mind that it could cause firearms to run sluggishly in extreme cold if overapplied, especially in anything with tight tolerance or a larger surface area of parts that make physical contact while operating. Even the FrogLube liquid becomes very much solid wax-like in extreme cold, and over application will be sure to cause problems especially in striker-fired weapons (never squirt it in the firing pin channel, always wipe off completely).

So here's a chance to find out yourself! This stuff normally runs about $18 +tax/shipping for a 4 oz. retail bottle. Comes in a food-safe reusable plastic squeeze bottle.

ENTRY:

1. Feel free to offer your thoughts, experience, or opinions on the product.
  2. I'll draw and announce the winner Tuesday (Feb 4th)
  3. I'll ship on my dime.
  4. The following may enter TWICE:
    &#10148; US. Veterans and AD military (thank you for your service!)
    &#10148; Site Moderators (did you know these guys work for free?? Crazy. Thank you guys for what you do!)
    &#10148; Anyone I've done business with (resulting in mutual positive feedback please =D )

Thanks fellas, stay safe and warm! -CD

i.imgur.com_iLJIi.jpg_c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c.jpg

Last edited:
There is no doubt in my mind that it can cause firearms to run sluggishly in extreme cold, especially in anything with tight tolerance or a larger surface area of parts that make physical contact while operating. Even the FrogLube liquid becomes very much solid wax-like in extreme cold, and over application will be sure to cause problems especially in striker-fired weapons.

I'm Out - thanks

I have been trying FrogLube for a short while now. It seems to smell much better and clean up easier than other products. My guns don't stay out in the cold, so I don't have too much cold weather experience. Certainly no failures from it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom