• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Friend of mine (40-ish mom) house burglary, stole her revolver; looking for a next gun.

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
Friend of mine, single mom, had some scumbags break in her house and take a bunch of stuff. Thankfully no one was home at the time. Part of the theft was the revolver her dad gave her back in the day, still in the bedside safe. Thieves took it all.

Anyway, now she wants a replacement and is looking towards a semi-auto. Gun store she went to on her own recommended a G19 (for $650?) and she then brought the question to me.Told her I'm a big fan of going to a range with rentals and trying out what fits your hand and style. I'm in the Macongo area, so need y'alls help. Who has recommendations in the 30317 area? Saw her last night up in ATL, and told her I'd gather some recommendations. She's about 5'5" and pretty small, but fit and athletic.

Down for info on what guns you think and where I can send her to try some out.

Glock 42. Add a mag extension and you've got 8 shots with giving your pinky a place to grip. It's got a small comfortable grip from the factory, and add a Pachmeyer rubber elastic grip and you have the perfect gum IMO. My wife loves hers and I have one too, difference being mine has a Sig circle dot

Friend of mine, single mom, had some scumbags break in her house and take a bunch of stuff. Thankfully no one was home at the time. Part of the theft was the revolver her dad gave her back in the day, still in the bedside safe. Thieves took it all.

Anyway, now she wants a replacement and is looking towards a semi-auto. Gun store she went to on her own recommended a G19 (for $650?) and she then brought the question to me.Told her I'm a big fan of going to a range with rentals and trying out what fits your hand and style. I'm in the Macongo area, so need y'alls help. Who has recommendations in the 30317 area? Saw her last night up in ATL, and told her I'd gather some recommendations. She's about 5'5" and pretty small, but fit and athletic.

Down for info on what guns you think and where I can send her to try some out.
Check with her and see if she can pull the slide back and lock it, before deciding on an semi-auto

If she can handle the slide she might prefer a p365x

The new Ruger Security 380 comes to mind. It's a double stack gun with a light rack slide and external safety.
However...I can tell you first hand that SHE needs to be the one picking it out and trying it out. I know from experience that what WE think they will like is almost always wrong.

Back
Top Bottom